Thursday 25 July 2013

Pour Some Sugar On Me, Def Leppard

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

I used to love this one as a teenager; and I still like it even though for the most part I have put away childish things.

Now I like it not just for its rockness but also for what it represents: grit, determination, perseverance.

Before this album - Hysteria - was made, the drummer Rick Allen lost his left arm in a car accident. he came back determined to carry on drumming and with the help of some engineering and technology continued to be the band's drummer.

The album was a huge success with seven hits coming off it: Women, Animal, Hysteria, Pour Some Sugar on Me, Love Bites, Armageddon It and Rocket. Woo! Each of those is fantastic but today I'm listening to the big one:

No comments:

Post a Comment